Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HS university

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

HS university Empty
PostSubject: HS university   HS university Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 12:15 pm

http://www.humanesocietyuniversity.org/

They are trying to sell these courses to shelters/rescues, this is the third email I have been sent about signing up for courses blah blah blah....... so I thought I would check it out (hey maybe the are free LOL).

The online courses are 99 dollars and not very interesting if you ask me....

Why would the HS be charging other shelters and rescues to take courses on how to care for animals? wouldn't they give this information for free if all they cared about was the animals?

With course like

Simon Says, "Lets Be Kind to Animals!"

No longer the "terrible twos," preschoolers (ages 3 to 5) are ready to listen, share, identify with others, and lend a hand. What a great time to teach compassion, respect, and responsibility for animals! Course participants will learn about effective preschool pedagogy and presentations-practicing songs, rhythms, fingerplays, feltboard activities, and tactile exercises that open young childrens eyes, ears, and hearts to the needs of our animal friends.

Which is available online to a tune of 99 dollars american...
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

HS university Empty
PostSubject: Re: HS university   HS university Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:06 pm

From briefly looking at the site, it looks like anyone interested can take the courses. I agree, if the courses are being offered to rescues & shelters, you would think they were going to be free courses. I've never heard of HS University.
Back to top Go down

HS university
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Dogs-
Jump to: