Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?    Sat 28 Aug 2010, 11:23 am

I am just curious what kind of tool do you use for grooming your cat or dog?

I used to use a basic brush but with Quincy and all of his hair I had to go up a whote lotta notches because simply put it did not work. My neighbour kept telling me about the furminator and offered to let me try hers and OMG I was sold the first two swipes. The hair that comes off is amazing and I have noticed a huge improvement on the loose hair in the house. While there is still hair to clean daily the volume has certainly decreased. This works amazing on my Lab and Shepherd but is pointless to use on my Mini-Pin.

Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?    Sat 28 Aug 2010, 12:27 pm

I have many, cause I NEED many...lol. De matting combs, flea combs although we have never had fleas, medium tooth combs and wider combs. Slicker brushes 4 different tooth width sizes and face brushes. Various sprays to wet down coats pre grooming and tons of conditioners plus the always handy face cloths. Then there are the bath toiletries but they aren't combs nor brush supplies. Fortunately no hair in this house as my dogs don't shed. scoop
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?    Sat 28 Aug 2010, 12:31 pm

Don't laugh

But the best brush/comb I have found for the pyrs winter coats. Is some of my horse brushes and deshedders ( sp)...

I have bought so many brushes over the years for the double coated breeds I have..

I gave up on bandit and take him to the groomers.. LMFAO

BUt I have cat combs. Cat brushes.. Dog brushes.... Now I need something for the puggies.. Cause crap they shed worse then my cats.

HOwever, I have all sort of hair in here.. I do vacum and sweep at least 3 times a day. more in the winter..
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?    Sat 28 Aug 2010, 12:33 pm

Oh crap Mini, you are right. I guess I lied about the "no hair" statement but it's not off the dogs it comes off me from the barn. :lol:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?    Sat 28 Aug 2010, 3:40 pm

I have the Ferminator for shedding seasons, a wire bristle type brush, and a brush at some farming store for horses (it rubber bristle brush and I forget what they are called at the moment).
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?    Sat 28 Aug 2010, 5:00 pm

because I only have the yorkie,the only combs I own from her are the flea combs,good
for combing around her eyes and combs with rotating teeth that I absolutely love

Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?    Sat 28 Aug 2010, 9:47 pm

yorkie, what the heck is a comb with rotating teeth??
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?    Sun 29 Aug 2010, 12:05 am

They are combs,plastic with or without a handle,that the teeth on them actually rotate as you comb the hair,helps take out the knots that a yorkie gets and I love them
I sometimes can find them at pet smart or places like that,be prepared to pay upwards of 20.00

Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?    Sun 29 Aug 2010, 1:24 am

Thank the lord for the furminator in our household. Absolutly amazing tool!! Though you have to be careful and not overbrush your pets as it rough on there skin and coat, I still wouldnt trade it for anything. I brush them sitting on the floor with my shop vac on, and off we are to removing 10 pounds of fur.

I know this may seem cheap but I also use one of my old combs to brush them after bath time or the occasional time they have a bad hair day..lol

Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?    Sun 29 Aug 2010, 7:21 am

For the hounds we use a simple horse brush, not sure what it's called. Regular brush with bristles, no handles, strap that goes around your hand. You can buy them for dogs, but they're cheaper when you buy them at the horse supply place. I spray on some coat shiner, brush, voila... done and they smell purdy.

For the spaniel we've got every comb, brush, and grooming tool known to man. He gets brushed every day (daughter's job), yet still manages to grow mats behind his ears (my job).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?    

Back to top Go down

What kind of brush/tool do you use for grooming?
Page 1 of 1