Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here's what I don't get....

Go down 
+2
kbullet
Unhingedmom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

Here's what I don't get.... Empty
PostSubject: Here's what I don't get....   Here's what I don't get.... Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 11:07 am

"Despite elevated concerns about illness-causing germs, most families dont suspect that their household soap pumps might actually be transferring bacteria to their hands. However, a recent study found that soap pumps can harbor hundreds of bacteria.ยน Every time families touch their soap pumps, they may be spreading and collecting bacteria to and from their hands."

But isn't the whole point that you WASH your hands after you put soap on them anyway? And the attempt at making it seem almost herbal, "Cucumber Splash", "Green Tea and Ginger", and "Grapefruit Essence". Seriously? Darned thing takes four batteries (and want to hazard a guess as to how long they'd last if you have kids?) and the bottle itself doesn't look reusable (and want to hazard a guess as to how long they'd last if you have kids?).

So, what, they're saving us from the bacteria cess pool on our soap pump or, *gasp*, a bar of soap?
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I don't get....   Here's what I don't get.... Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 11:14 am

My husband and I laugh at the idea of this soap.. especially since after using said soap, you have to shut the tap off.. which you turned on prior to washing your hands, so you've retouched the germy bits all over again.. Plus the door handle, because you know not everyone washes their hands. Plus, if you are washing your hands.. does it matter really if you are touching the handle of the soap pump? After all, you'll be washing those germs away anyway.

The only way this system would work is if you had a touch-less faucet, soap, and individual towels (which kleenex makes) AND if you could guarantee that everyone that went into the bathroom washed their hands when leaving.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I don't get....   Here's what I don't get.... Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 11:40 am

Bullet is now on bathroom patrol at my house. I agree though,when I go to a public bathroom which by the way I try to avoid,I am thinking I am sitting my butt where who knows how many others have sat and we worry about the faucett and the door knob

Just best to stay home and use my own bathroom,thank god my kids have their own
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I don't get....   Here's what I don't get.... Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 12:49 pm

The other commercial that's absurd is for the touchless antibacterial dispenser......isn't the point of using it to get the germs off your hands........so whether you touch it or not BEFORE you use it a moot point?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I don't get....   Here's what I don't get.... Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 2:30 pm

I use bars of soap at home, at work they have that antibacterial soap in a pump. For those of us co-workers who believe in washing their hands after using the washroom, which surprisingly there are quite a few ladies where I work who don't believe in this ritual. Here's what I don't get.... 204537 Which is why I use a paper towel to open the door when exiting.

Not sure if you have seen that 20/20 special where they interviewed Howie Mandel. He was stating because of his condition that he uses that anti-bacterial gel so much that it's caused him to get lots of warts on his hands because they were not used to contact with germs. A little bit of germs depending on where they came from, can't be a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I don't get....   Here's what I don't get.... Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 4:15 pm

Great topic Unhinged and I agree some of this crap that is sold and bought nowadays is frigging ridiculous in my opinion. Like BBE said some germs are healthy.

Now that said seeing BBE mentioned Howie Mandel it immediately cracked me up like Sharon and thus I have to share this video from not to long ago ... Enjoy LOL

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I don't get....   Here's what I don't get.... Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 8:04 pm

SillyStorm, I saw that too last week on America's Got Talent. Watching him freak out over something like that, I didn't realize how bad of a germaphobe he was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I don't get....   Here's what I don't get.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's what I don't get....
Page 1 of 1