Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How many of you have or raise a flag at your place

Go down 
+4
ivegotfleas1
yorkiemom
Mousey
Mini
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How many of you have your countries flag flying high
I have the american flag flying
How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
I have the canadian flag flying
How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
I have no canadian flag
How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 49% [ 4 ]
I have no american flag
How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many of you have or raise a flag at your place   How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 1:19 am

pooperscooper wrote:
The truth...I have a very tall flag pole and when I first got it I flew at the top the Canadian flag and underneath that the Alberta flag and under that one the Union Jack. The prairie winds ruin all of the flags and eventually I started flying all sorts of flags because after I got dependant on them for wind direction to determine which way the wind was blowing so I didn't get hay in my eyes while pitching hay. Flags don't last here at all and start to tatter within a week and at $50,00 each and up I don't bother to care what's up there. I just wanted to know wind direction.

I have flown many gift flags... rebel flags, beer flags, American moto cross flags, Jamaica, Swiss, Finland, Arabian horse, Morgan horse, Pagan Pride, Pirate, Bloody hand of Ulster, Scotland etc. and home made advertising flags to advertise our company because we needed a permit to place a sign on the ground for our company and I rebelled about the fee. As I said it's all about wind direction to me and they don't last around her so it became all about a piece of fabric that needs changed often. I get lots of donated Canadian flags because my eclectic choices have been noticed and I always fly them when I get them plus I have purchased many, not unpatriotic but my country has a hell of a lot of wind in my area. Arrow Arrow Arrow

LMFAO.. sorry. but we replace our flag all the time.. I laugh at hubby and said can't you get them donated... LMAO

What is really cool. When we moved out here and got to know our neighbors. We started seeing more flags being raised and support the troops sign. Beats the heck out of being spit on for a change.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: How many of you have or raise a flag at your place   How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 1:10 pm

My flag is removed when the sun goes down and comes back in the house,folded properly and put away until the next day,if it is raining it does not go out at all that day,the wind here is awful so,yes I to replace often
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: How many of you have or raise a flag at your place   How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 2:05 pm

kbullet wrote:
I don't think it was intended but you certainly are painting a picture that if you don't fly a flag you aren't proud of your country, which I can tell you is not the case. I love Canada and all that it is, which includes tolerance and the ability to be free about who you are. I am most proud when I see things like the constant overturning of gay marriages in some of the states versus Canada that hasn't had that problem. I am proud when I hear our national anthem play and when kids can roam our streets without the fears of third world countries.

Starting to think it was in fact intended.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How many of you have or raise a flag at your place   How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 2:22 pm

Snitty wrote:
kbullet wrote:
I don't think it was intended but you certainly are painting a picture that if you don't fly a flag you aren't proud of your country, which I can tell you is not the case. I love Canada and all that it is, which includes tolerance and the ability to be free about who you are. I am most proud when I see things like the constant overturning of gay marriages in some of the states versus Canada that hasn't had that problem. I am proud when I hear our national anthem play and when kids can roam our streets without the fears of third world countries.

Starting to think it was in fact intended.

Actually if you want to be technical, Snitty. It was a poll. Members could put in their response without every commenting. I wouldn't know who flew the flag and who didn't

It wouldve been a different sceniro if I asked everyone to post about what they do. It was a discussion nothing more.

I don't hide the fact that I am a dire hard Canadian. So stop looking to find things- where they do not exist.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: How many of you have or raise a flag at your place   How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 2:30 pm

It's funny that a USA vs Canada hockey game brings the patriot out in all of us. It's almost like we're trying to one up each other.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How many of you have or raise a flag at your place   How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 2:31 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
It's funny that a USA vs Canada hockey game brings the patriot out in all of us. It's almost like we're trying to one up each other.

LOL.. so true Fleas....

Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: How many of you have or raise a flag at your place   How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 2:33 pm

I have lived in both countrries and I love them both for different reason but I am an american through and through
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many of you have or raise a flag at your place   How many of you have or raise a flag at your place - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many of you have or raise a flag at your place
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2