Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Going on 4 years old and still feels the need to do a potty dance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Going on 4 years old and still feels the need to do a potty dance   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 4:18 pm

Does anyone else have a dog that does this? After each trip to do her business, my dog feels the need to do the zoomies and a little dance to go along with it. I know it can be common in puppies, but she is going on 4 years. lol
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Going on 4 years old and still feels the need to do a potty dance   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 5:59 pm

Not here. But.......a mad dash and flying sit in front of her dish is the 'after pee' ritual with Sasha. That came from retraining her when she first came. Total fear of being tied and having to negotiate a full flight of stairs down to the yard after at least 2 1/2 years of not using stairs at all (last 1 1/2 in a cage) made her very reluctant to go do her business. As a reward for her accomplishment she received a treat in her dish.......and she continues to this day. Of course I spoil her by going it too....not really a treat though, just a tiny portion of her daily amount of kibble. Had to move her dish much closer to the back door though, as she tended to knock over anyone in her way in her flight across the room. Giggle

And she's 12!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Going on 4 years old and still feels the need to do a potty dance   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 7:18 pm

rottnmom wrote:
Had to move her dish much closer to the back door though, as she tended to knock over anyone in her way in her flight across the room. Giggle

And she's 12!

GiggleGiggle I can picture that.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Going on 4 years old and still feels the need to do a potty dance   Mon 16 Aug 2010, 1:04 am

We have daily zoomies not always related to the poop dance. LOL, you brought it up. Cailleach does a poop dance of her own choreography before she goes...drives me nuts in the winter when it's bloody cold as she has to find 'the perfect spot" to place her presents and her pee. Pre poop she circles her back end and sniffs and then if the spot isn't to her liking she keeps looking for a better one and repaets the circling. No out and go fast for her ...gah. Julio does a poo and then jump to the side and a back leg scratch up the grass and fling it behind him. Arriba takes forever also to find "the spot", maybe it's a girl thing.

Our daily zoomies is the grooming session... I always have to do Cailleach last because she starts the pack zooms as soon as she is coiffed and they all rip around the house like maniacs. Should I groom her first she gets them all "crazy" but even leaving her for last is a pain. If I groom on the floor she jumps on my shoulder like a parrot and sits there which is far from comfortable for me, if I groom on the couch she does the same so I have a grooming table on back order. It's hilarious to watch all three of them "go Crazy" every day, it carries on room to room and up and over the furniture...too funny. Smile
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Going on 4 years old and still feels the need to do a potty dance   Mon 16 Aug 2010, 7:46 am

pooper maybe it is a girly thing. Sasha is the same way. Takes forever to find a spot and it's never the 'perfect' spot. She'll finally settle on one place, start her deposit, then decide another spot a foot or two away is better.....but NOT perfect.......so on to another location. The whole time she's doing this she's in poop hunch position leaving deposits along the 'trail'. I've seen her complete whole circles like 8 ft in diameter on her search for the perfect poop patch! 😕
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Going on 4 years old and still feels the need to do a potty dance   Mon 16 Aug 2010, 8:47 am

Either Tank is a girl, or its not just a girl thing.. He gets the zoomies afterward and needs to find the perfect spot to go in.

Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Going on 4 years old and still feels the need to do a potty dance   Mon 16 Aug 2010, 1:19 pm

yeah, forgot about that one. She'll bark and howl that she has to go outside, so hurry up. Go to let her out, and she takes her sweet time deciding on just the right spot. :roll: Thought you had to go really bad. Then after 5 to 10 minutes of finding a spot and finishing. Then comes the zoomies and a dance. I swear she's dancing to James Brown song "I feel good". lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going on 4 years old and still feels the need to do a potty dance   

Back to top Go down

Going on 4 years old and still feels the need to do a potty dance
Page 1 of 1