Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rent A Uterus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Rent A Uterus Empty
PostSubject: Rent A Uterus   Rent A Uterus Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 12:56 am

I have done this many times with my mares where a person wants a purebred foal but doesn't own a mare so they lease, mare gets bred and I still own it, but the foal is the property of the leaser in respects to the registry. The leaser by contract has obligations to pay the stud fee, pay a fee for the rent of the uterus, farrier, board and vet expenses etc. for the term of 11 months til the foal is born and for a minimum of 4 months or longer when the foal is able to be weaned the same way as maintenance costs would be if they did actually own her. In the horse world our registries have contractual agreements created that approve of this arrangement. Is there an equivalent situation with dogs?

I was contacted by a Havanese breeder who wanted to buy my bitch that saw her at the dog shows, she is not for sale, and will not be two til January for the breeding tests. I did purchase her with intend to perhaps breed her in future after the health tests to prove she's worth breeding on. Obviously lots of time before any breeding happens but I thought this might be an interesting topic, for me anyways. Smile

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Rent A Uterus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rent A Uterus   Rent A Uterus Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 10:53 am

IDK, interesting topic though.

I do recall seeing in a dog breeders contract (I will have to look the site up after work and copy that clause) where with a certain dog, they have the right to use the dog for stud if they need to and provided the dog passes all health testing and has the adequate titles behind him.
Back to top Go down

Rent A Uterus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Dogs-
Jump to: