Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Music Trivia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Music Trivia   Sun 08 Aug 2010, 7:48 pm

I am a huge music fan and love music trivia so thought I would start a thread.

Name an artist or band that you like (or don't like) and give us a fun fact about the artist/band that is not commonly known.
You can also repeat an artist if you have a fact to add that has not already been added.

I will go first

QUEEN

Lead singer Freddie Mercury died from AIDS related complications on November 24th 1991 just one day after making it public knowledge that he was suffering from the disease.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Music Trivia   Sun 08 Aug 2010, 10:27 pm

Robyn Rihanna Fenty (born February 20, 1988), better known as simply Rihanna, is a Barbadian-American Pop/R&B recording artist, songwriter and model. Born in Saint Michael, Barbados, Rihanna moved to the United States at the age of 16 to pursue a recording career under the guidance of record producer Evan Rogers. She subsequently signed a contract with Def Jam Recordings after auditioning for then-label head Jay-Z.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Music Trivia   Mon 09 Aug 2010, 12:40 pm

Brian Haner, aka Guitar Guy, who plays for Jeff Dunham (silence, I kill you!) has a famous son. His oldest son, Brian Haner Jr. (Synyster Gates is his stage name) plays lead guitar for the band Avenged Sevenfold.

Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Music Trivia   Mon 09 Aug 2010, 1:27 pm

U2

Bono is almost never seen in public without sunglasses. During a Rolling Stone interview he stated:
“ [I have] very sensitive eyes to light. If somebody takes my photograph, I will see the flash for the rest of the day. My right eye swells up. I've a blockage there, so that my eyes go red a lot. So it's part vanity, it's part privacy and part sensitivity'
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Music Trivia   Mon 09 Aug 2010, 2:54 pm

The '80's band called Dead or Alives lead singer Pete Burns used to look like this...

http://www.last.fm/music/Dead+or+Alive/_/You+Spin+Me+Round+%28Like+A+Record%29

but after cosmetic surgery now appears like this... :roll:

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/plastic-surgery/37388-pete-burns-plastic-surgery.html
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Music Trivia   Mon 09 Aug 2010, 7:10 pm

Wow Pooper, he looks messed up. lol
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Music Trivia   Mon 09 Aug 2010, 7:32 pm

Cher

This may shock you but the flower wings on Cher's bum are not the craziest things she's worn. The butterfly and flowers were tattooed by Bob Roberts of Sunset Tattoo in Los Angeles in 1972. Many of her concert outfits during the 80s left these tattoos visible, and a notable appearance on the David Letterman show in 1991 with former musical partner Sonny Bono became known for the fact that Mr. Letterman was faced with these flowers during their performance. Her music video for the song "If I Could Turn Back Time" featured a body stocking outfit made primarily of mesh that let anyone who'd missed the tattoos before take a good look.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Music Trivia   Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:30 pm

How some bands chose their names...

Chicago... They originally called themselves Chicago Transit Authority but had to shorten it after the city of Chicago sued.

Alice Cooper... Lead singer Vincent Fermier claims to have had gotten his stage name from a Ouija board, through which he met a spirit with that name.

Black Sabbath...From a 1963 Boris Karloff horror movie.

Def Leppard...From singer Joe Elliot once drew a picture of a leopard with no ears...a deaf leopard.

Metalica...drummer Las Ulrich was helping a friend name a heavy metal magazine, Ulrich's two suggestions 1. Metal Mania which the friend used, and 2, Metallica.

Nine Inch Nails...Nine inch nails are used in coffins. Singer Trent Remor made a list of potential band names and settled on this one because "it still sounded good after two weeks and could easily be abbreviated.

Everclear... named after an extremely strong (190 proof) grain alcohol.

I like all of the above artists. Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Music Trivia   Tue 10 Aug 2010, 12:33 pm

Bat Out of Hell's artist MEATLOAF, is a vegitarian. MEATLOAF is the father in law of ANTHRAX's Ian Scott.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Trivia   

Back to top Go down

Music Trivia
Page 1 of 1