Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

to stud or not to stud...that is the question

Go down 

Would you stud/get your animal studded?
Yes (please post your reasons)
50%
 50% [ 2 ]
No (please post your reasons)
50%
 50% [ 2 ]
Maybe (please post your reasons)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: to stud or not to stud...that is the question   Mon 16 Nov 2009, 1:53 am

HAh okay i was reading a topic on kijiji and i figured we need more topics on here so i'd post it here.. it was going to be a reply to the studding topic.. or warning whatever it was on kijiji...

Now In my opinion Breeding should only be done for a couple reasons. I wont get fully into this. But one of my biggest problems is studding.

Okay lots of people agree its the best way to go if you don't own a male or female... for those who just want to breed because they have a intact animal(in my opinion. why else would they breed?!) -starting to sound like a rant here!

Okay a good breeder breds to better the breed. Or whatever the other reason is. What does one who studs or gets a stud breed for? Please if someone knows explain it to me?

I'm not ripping into anyone. Its your choice what you do. and its your choice if you take the time to find out the proper information BUT alot of people don't

My biggest problem with studding out a dog is Do you know anything about the female? personality wise, health wise, genetic information...ect ect

What do YOU get out of studding your male?? Money? or a puppy? they you'll probably sell.. or hey if its lucky you'll keep it and stud it out too! or if youre a breeder and you keep it you add it to your breeding program to better your lines.. hey i don't know. But what is someone who studs a dog/cat...animals TRUE reason for studding? everyone has their own reasons.. Most in my opinion.. aren't that great..

Now For studding, There are those who do it for the right reasons. its rare. but it does happen. They take the time to find all the information on the other animal. They make sure there is a contract on them that they BOTH agree with. They do the proper health testing, They both know every detail about the other animal. They make sure that both the animals will compliment the other...ect ect

Alot of the time its just to make a quick buck.

If you take a pup(or whatever animal) from it, to add to your breeding program and the btch was of quality.. then thats fine.. but for those who don't want a pup(or name of animal here).. why stud your animal? just a quick cash? or just wanting to help the person? then my question is why are they breeding? There are so many goods and bads to go with studding.. If you've studded out a animal what were your reasons to? did you take the time in finding info about the female? made sure there was a contract..ect ect whatever i am really interested in knowing! if you had a female that you got studded, what were your reasons for breeding her? and so on.. I'm just really curious.

I dnt think i could EVER stud one of my animals out. and i would NEVER stud one out just for the money. Its just my opinion. If anyone here does that. tht is their business. not mine, everyone does things different with their animals and they alll look at things differently. This is my opinion. you have the right to agree or disagree. which is why i want to know your opinions on this. I wont rip anyone apart for studding their animal or getting their animal studded.. I just want to know the reasons for it! Smile
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: to stud or not to stud...that is the question   Mon 16 Nov 2009, 9:03 am

For me it's a big NO. First off I am no where near informed enough to know anything about breeding......from knowing all I should know about my breed (traits to health issues), choosing a 'mate' through to whelping a litter. Proper breeding takes years of study, learning and involvement......don't have it, too late to start now and most importantly (for me) have absolutely no desire to do it. My dog (even past dogs) are/were pets first and foremost. There are too many people pumping out puppies for $$, there are plenty of good, reputable breeders who know what they are doing........I would never want to be included in the first group and have neither the knowledge nor the desire to be part of the second.

My pets are my companions, period.

BTW, I do admire those that do breed ........ the right way and for the right reasons. ;)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: to stud or not to stud...that is the question   Mon 16 Nov 2009, 1:21 pm

i'm REALLY trying hard to not rip apart that kijiji thread "Never EVER EVER" as its titled. ACK! okay to me it seems like everyone is like Yay thank you for telling us and making aware that you can get screwed over if you dont stud your dog out a certian way. Instead of saying Hey if they get screwed over thats their fault! GOOD! STOP BRINGING PUPS INTO THIS WORLD! type thing. I mean if they know what they're doing.. and they've done what i've said above. i have no problem, but if you get screwed over. Its crystal clear that that person has NO IDEA how to breed properly. because they would have a STRICT contract right down to the last detail. and it wouldn't be an issue. Instead they inform the world that you can get screwed over by studding your animal out and how not to get screwed over... LMAO okay i can continue on and on. in my opinion its just.. Stupid!

I would have one hell of a time studding one of my animals out! i don't know how people do it! i have little to no trust in most people. and its VERY hard to gain my trust. i would want to rehome the pups myself. haha I dont know i wouldn't do it. not my thing. not for me! is why i'm so curious why alot of people do it??
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: to stud or not to stud...that is the question   Mon 16 Nov 2009, 2:54 pm

I was stupid enough to stud my Yorkie male to a beautiful felmale checked out from head to toe,knew the owner of her very well

She had 3 beautiful healthy puppies, I paid 200.00 plus for vet bills for my
male due to an infection he got from the breeding.

Live and learn,I would NEVER do it again,nor do I encourage others to do it

PostSubject: Re: to stud or not to stud...that is the question   Mon 16 Nov 2009, 8:37 pm

⭐

Last edited by Dinkers on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: to stud or not to stud...that is the question   Mon 16 Nov 2009, 10:50 pm

The thought has crossed my mind that one day I would like to have a pedigreed male Rottweiler that I could title, and if he passed his OFAs for hips and elbows, CERF, and cardiac, and I found a female (that compliments him) with the same or better titles, with the same or better health test results, then I would consider studding him out. But only via frozen semen. If I charged a fee, it would be for the costs incurred in storing the semen or I would get pick of the litter. There would also be an enforceable legal contract, that would be drawn up and reviewed by a lawyer to keep myself from getting screwed. I don't know enough about breeding or have the time to actually do it. Competing, training and showing in conformation takes a lot of hours out of your day and traveling. If you have children, and a full time job, there just isn't enough hours in the day. Stud dog owners have the same goals at the owner of the bitches, to better the breed. They are extremely picky about who they breed their studs to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: to stud or not to stud...that is the question   

Back to top Go down

to stud or not to stud...that is the question
Page 1 of 1